Do you even wonder what else is out there for you? How often do you experience fear of missing out?
Feeling stuck in her career and suffering from a very bad case of FOMO, Lucy quit her 9-5 and spent one year living with 26 different British subcultures: aristocrats, battle re-enactors, circus performers, naturists, zeitgeist political activists and more, experiencing first-hand their social rituals and customs, leading to lessons about herself, the world and what it means to be human.
But wait, there’s more! Lucy also flips the scripts and asks ME questions like she did these subcultures… starting with the question: is feminism a subculture?
Some topics of discussion include:
- What led to this year-long adventure and if Lucy cured her FOMO
- The importance - and flexibility - of one’s identity
- When values and identity turn into prejudices and tribalism
- The common thread that runs through us all: human connection, community
- Is feminism is a subculture?
- My experience with imposter syndrome as a new podcaster
- Subcultures within feminism
Become a Patron to hear 21 minutes of bonus content, including how Lucy compares your comfort zone to stretchy pants, and me answering the recurring questions - what does feminism mean to me, what does the the story of woman, and what’s my earliest memory of gender !
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Mentioned in the episode:
Subscribe to the newsletter
Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts - and be sure to rate and review to help other people find us!