Fairytales and Greek Myths have been told and re-told for thousands of years, but never like this. Taking these well-known stories that form the archetypes we still see today, Karrie and Jonathon make one vital change - they swapped all the genders. This simple change created characters and stories never seen before, and shine a light on the gender binaries in language, the roles we adopt and the stories we've been telling our children for generations.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Where the inspiration for this idea came from
- The binary-busting characters and worlds these books create
- How these stories illuminate existing power imbalances
- The books’ importance, especially for boys and men with the lack of empathetic and nurturing male figures in mainstream narratives
- An urgent call to action for creators to make more stories like this!
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Buy the books:
Mentioned in the episode:
Subscribe to the newsletter
Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts - and be sure to rate and review to help other people find us!