REPLAY OF SEASON TWO EPISODE ONE
In the first episode of season two of the podcast, I speak with former US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Cherie Blair, CBE KC in their first-time ever, exclusive joint podcast interview!
Hillary Clinton and Cherie Blair have pioneered positive change for women for decades. They have worked as lawyers, politicians, activists, and business leaders - and also both had husbands in charge of governments, the US and the UK respectively.
In this episode, they share what they have learned over the years: the current state of women’s equality, the ripple effect of change that happens when you put power back into the hands of women, and ways to overcome the deeply ingrained economic, social and legal barriers that hold women — and the world — back.
They also discuss their long friendship and what it’s like being a female leader in a male-dominated world!
Some topics we cover include :
- Clinton and Blair’s friendship and what it was like to be married to government leaders - and how they refused to give up their own identities in the process
- The progress we have made, the pushback we face for it, and how the COVID-19 pandemic plays a part
- What putting power back into the hands of women does for women, their families, communities, and the world
- What holds women entrepreneurs and business leaders back
- How outdated, gendered stereotypes create barriers for women all over the world
- Ways to continue driving progress and overcoming the forces that hold women — and the world — back
- How the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women is supporting women entrepreneurs around the world
- What keeps Clinton and Blair hopeful for the future
Transcription is available here
Read more about the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
Changemakers: How women make change happen
This is the first episode of the new Changemakers series which explores how women make change happen from those at the top helping to drive it. Each episode, we look at where we are on this long march to equality, what lies ahead, and how important you are in the fight.
In this 14-episode series, we’ll hear from Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Tawakkol Karman, Girls Who Code founder Reshma Saujani, Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn, and Afghanistan's youngest ever female mayor Zarifa Ghafari, among others. Guest host Asha Dahya speaks with co-founder of the Black Lives Matter Movement Alicia Garza.
Episode sponsor: Values Leadership Consulting
Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly dose of all things WOMAN
We need more women’s stories in the world!. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe, rate and review on Apple, Spotify or wherever you listen to your podcasts